This half term, we are writing our own fairy tales, based on the story 'The Pied Piper of Hamelin'.
We have used the original film and the Walt Disney version to inspire our thinking and get our imaginations working. Take a look at these by clicking on the links below:
Here are some of the Key Writing Skills that we are learning during our unit on Fairy Tales:
- Retell a fairy tale.
- Explain the meaning of key vocabulary.
- Make predictions
- Draw inferences around characters’ thoughts, feelings, actions and motives, and justify with evidence from the text using point and evidence.
- Create sentences with fronted adverbials for when.
- Use commas to mark clauses in complex sentences.
- Use inverted commas and other punctuation to indicate direct speech.
- Read and analyse a fairy tale in order to plan and write their own versions.
- Discuss and record ideas for planning by chunking the plot and extracting the basic plot.